Happy Holidays! I hope all is well in your household and am wishing you the very best for 2022!!!
The Janesville Velo Club is raising the funds needed to begin building the Palmer Park Mountain Bike Trails and Skills Area and is once again challenging local riders to support this important community project by participating in the 21st Annual Winter Challenge. Please go to https://www.michaelscycles.net/articles/fundraiser-pg999.htm to find out why this project is so important!
As a past supporter of the Winter Challenge Fundraiser (formerly known as the Frozen Fools), we’re hoping you’ll choose one of the five possible ways (listed below) to support this project and help us to see this awesome addition to Palmer Park come to fruition.
You can ride 5 miles in a day, right? Rules of the Challenge can be found here.
Not up to the challenge of winter riding? Well, then…
- Make a sponsorship pledge or donate
You don’t need to ride in the cold if you don’t want to. Your pledge will help motivate those who are brave enough to accept the Challenge to ride.
If you’re a rock star, you can…
- Do both (ride and also make a pledge/donation)
Budget a little tight?
4) Solicit sponsors
Please consider asking friends and coworkers to make pledges or donations and forward this information to everyone you know to help us make this project happen! The JVC is a non-profit organization.
5) Do it all (ride, donate, solicit)
Many JVC members show their support for the club’s mission by helping in every way possible. THANK YOU to those truly special individuals!
More information about the Challenge can be found on the following websites:
- Project Njord – This is the website handling donations as well as rider information (registration & standings)
- Michael’s Cycles – Find out how the foolishness got started
- Janesville Velo Club – Your local bike club is about more than just riding bikes
Still have questions? Contact me (Bob Schlegel – JVC Winter Challenge Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
I also want to say THANK YOU for your past support of the Winter Challenge Fundraiser. Your past involvement has been used to support many things in our community including:
- Janesville Paved Trail Wayfinding Signage
- Janesville Area Youth Mountain Bike Club
- Rockport Park Singletrack Trail System
- Janesville Town Square Gran Prix
- Jackson Elementary School and Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired Bicycle Maintenance Programs
- Anna Schenker Memorial Scholarship
Let’s do this! Let’s get the Palmer Park project done and added to that list!
JVC Winter Challenge Coordinator