JVC mountain bikers,
If the weather holds, we will ride off road this Thursday.
WHERE: Rockport Park – Pool parking lot (map)
WHEN: Be ready to ride at 6:00 pm
All riders must be JVC members: https://veloclub.org/register/
The group will most likely split into at least two groups (“Race” and “Casual”).
- Race Group – Riders choosing to ride in the “Race” group should keep in mind that they are responsible for themselves and that the group may not stop to regroup or wait for slower riders.
- Casual Group – Riders choosing to ride in the “Casual” group are expected to keep the group intact. This means riders in the “Casual” group should either occasionally stop and wait for the slowest riders to catch up – OR – be willing to ride the slowest rider’s pace.
- Women’s Group – This group does not ride every Thursday, but if enough women are present there may be a women’s group ride. Show up and check it out.
All groups will come together twice during the evening. This gives riders who are not able to be in the pool parking lot by 6:00 two chances to meet the group at later times and also gives riders who have lost their groups chances to find them again.
- 6:30 – Regroup or late start in the North parking lot on Rockport Road (gravel, near the railroad crossing on Rockport Rd)
- 7:15 – Regroup at the top of Onion Hill
The ride will be cancelled if it rains after 10:00 am tomorrow. A sprinkle will not cancel the ride, check trail conditions here.
Please be considerate of your fellow riders by being prepared, by being prompt, and by only riding off-road when the conditions are appropriate. Please also be respectful of fellow park and trail users. I hope to see you this Thursday!
Bob & Ken